Thursday, January 11, 2007

New A16 Customer Talks About Store Experience

We recently received this email testimonial. I added some links for your convenience, removed personal info for their privacy and bleeped out one bad word, but other than that, it's exactly as the customer wrote it.

> > Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 08:25:49 -0800 (PST)
> > From: William K <>
> > Subject: You Were NOT Kidding!!
> > To: Rhonda H <>

Hey, I stopped by A16 yesterday to check the place out. It took me a little while to get the attention of the sales people, but once I did, the guy did a complete fit for boots. It was amazing...the whole time he was telling me things to remember (i.e. wool/synthetic socks rather than cotton, how to tie, etc.). They actually had a pair of Lowas on sale for $100, so not only did I get good service, I got boots for much cheaper than REI and they had all the sizes because they didn't sell out during Christmas.

I also went over to the sleeping bag area and they have a down 20 degree Marmot bag on sale that was in my price range...I'm all set now. Now in the coming months, I can just pick up little things here and there to fill out my gear. I will definitely go to A16 before trying REI.

Thanks for recommending the place to me!! One of the cool things is that I could tell the guy I didn't know anything about anything and he wouldn't treat me like a dumb***. He just kept feeding me with information. I have passed A16 a bazillion times, but probably would not have stopped there. I told Dave and I think he is going to stop there this week for boots.

Talk to you soon,
Billy

Note: Find your nearest Southern California A16 store here.

No comments: